If you don't have a Facebook Fan Page for your company yet, well… We've got a lot of work to do with you, but let's get started.
Here's a few quick facts about Facebook:
- More than 500 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
To create a Fan Page, you must first create a profile for yourself. The follow these instructions:
1. Click on Advertising link at the bottom of the page
2. On the left side of the page click on "Pages" and then the "Create a Page" Button
3. Fill out all the information about your business including all the important things like what you are, what you do, where you are located (or web address) and post a logo.
Now that you have a fan page you can suggest it to all of your friends. You can also message your friends to please suggest your page to their friends and feel free to interact with it. This will help generate credibility for your page and let everyone know what you've been up to.
Make sure all of your marketing materials, your website, signs, emails, brochures, business cards ask your customers and visitors to follow you on Facebook.
Post useful unique information. Hold contest such as picture submission, trivia, and website hunts. It will help people interact and engage. Be sure to visit your page often, post often, but not too often. As an admin of your page, Facebook will send you reports of new visitors. If you are losing visitors, you may be posting too much or not enough good information. Change your strategy.