Summer is over and that means news and announcements in the SEO world are heating up. In the last few weeks Google has made some changes leaving many SEOs and marketers lamenting days gone by. Let's look at the announcements and what that means for us:
Not Provided Reaches 100%
Google has finally done it! The day many SEOs have feared is upon us. The day keyword referral traffic from "not provided" hits 100%.
What's Going On?
Why Did Google Do That?
What Can I Do?
- Check out keyword impressions in Google Webmaster Tools
- Look at organic traffic to landing pages in Google
- Get an AdWords account 🙁
- 5 Alternative Sources to Cope With Google Analytics Keyword Not Provided – KISS Metrics
- SEO Reporting Without Keyword Data – SEER Interactive
- Not Provided? Unintended Consequences of Killing SEO – Webmarketing School
- How Google’s Move to 100% (Not Provided) Helps You Become a Much Better Marketer – Quick Sprout
Google's Hummingbird Algorithm
What is It and What Does It Do?
How Does it Impact Me?
- A Search Geek's Thoughts on Google Hummingbird – SEO Dojo
- Google goes scraper with Hummingbird update – Trevin Shirey
- Things, not strings: How Google’s new Hummingbird algorithm sets the stage for the future of mobile search – Venture Beat
- Google’s Hummingbird Takes Flight: SEOs Give Insight On Google’s New Algorithm – Search Engine Land
- FAQ: All About The New Google “Hummingbird” Algorithm – Search Engine Land